Monday, September 13, 2010

So we've been here in Swan Valley for a while now and we love it! The ward is wonderful! And it's at 9:30 so Tyler can always come to at least sacrament meeting with us. Everyone in the ward seems really excited to have little kids in the ward. There are only about 4 kids in the entire nursery that are active. The ward is small and it is shrinking every week because half the people leave during the winter. Everyone is so close here. They seem like a big family. Jaxon and Linkon are so excited to have so many grandmas! In Relief Society yesterday Linkon walked from one lady to the next saying "Gamma!" He just loves all the attention he gets! Last night a young couple in the ward brought us the most amazing cinnamon rolls. They were huckleberry! Instead of raisins she used huckleberries, genius! Anyway, we are really enjoying life here and Tyler doesn't complain about the drive...too much!

We had our Barnes Family Reunion a week ago up towards Hiece(sp?). We had a blast but we were missing a few people, Josh and Tim and Nicole's family. Emily's family, Amy's family, me and my boys, dad, and Bridger all went up on Thursday. Rhett, Lynn, Grandma and Grandpa Barnes, and Ty and Mare came up on Friday. Teresa and Desi didn't make it up till Sunday morning. And Tyler was able to come up all day Sunday. We had so much fun! We had an archery contest and gun shooting contest. Me and Bridger were on a team and we took second and I won a lantern. We also played Frisbee golf and of course minute to win it games. We had plenty of food, four wheelers and even a creek for the boys to play in. I was so proud of myself for going camping without Tyler. I thought I'd get scared sleeping in my own tent, and I wasn't very close to anyone, but I did just fine! I will try and get pictures up as soon as possible.

1 comment:

The Nielsons said...

Best camping trip EVER... Can't wait till next year...