Saturday, August 7, 2010
Swan Valley bound
So, it's official. We are moving to Swan Valley in just a couple weeks. I am feeling a lot of different emotions. I am excited to be out of this trailer park and all the crazy trailer trash. Ok, who am I kidding? I am totally trailer trash so that will be coming with us! But there are some crazies that I won't miss. I am excited to be in a bigger house (for a while) and to have a big yard for the boys to play in, plus it is so beautiful there. I am not excited about it being an hour drive to Menan and family. I am not excited to pack everything up and move it all. Also, winter creates some problems since the highway going to and from Swan Valley is often closed because of drifting snow... so we would have to either move or Tyler would have to stay with his dad during his work week. I really don't want to have to pack everything up and move it and then unpack everything. I am also really sad about leaving my house. When we first moved in our neighbors were just moving out and I asked them if they were so excited to be getting out of their tiny trailer and she told me "no" and that she was going to miss her house and all the memories it held for them. I thought she was crazy. But now I feel the exact same way. This was Tyler's and my first house together. It was where we brought our boys home from the hospital. It holds so many fun memories for us that it is sad to leave. And I will miss my wonderful neighbors and all the great ward members. I am nervous about going to a new ward and meeting new people. Jaxon loves his nursery and I feel bad about taking him away from all his friends there. Oh, and did I mention I am NOT excited about packing up the entire house? When I moved to Menan I was 5 so I really didn't have anything to do with the packing. When I moved into this house all I had was my clothes and a few other little items. When we moved away for the summers all we took was clothes, a few toys and some kitchen things. This will be the first time I have really had to move all my stuff so I am not looking forward to that. I am, however, looking forward to cleaning out all the junk and getting a little more organized. Hey, maybe we could just hook up to the trailer, haul it up to Swan, park it next to the house there and then just take everything from one front door to the next, then haul the trailer right back here when we were done! Now there's an idea! Anyway, there ya have it. We are moving to Swan Valley. And after we get there... who knows? We are really hoping Tyler can get a better job so we can have some stability and so he can have his weekends off and get home at a decent hour. We would love to stay here in the Rexburg/Idaho Falls area so we can be close to family and we really want to raise our kids here. But, we just don't know right now what's going to happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was hard for me to leave the shop too. I am excited for you to have more space, i just wish it wasn't so far away...
I can't believe you're moving! Come back and visit all the time. Your boys are the cutest little things I have ever seen by the way :)
Wow, Swan town huh?! It's so beautiful over there but I feel for ya, I have moved over half a dozen times and I don't get any better packing things. Change can be really good sometimes, so good luck!
Post a Comment