We are trying to take advantage of all the time Tyler has with us since he is unemployed right now. Also since Tyler is unemployed we are limited to what we can do since we have no income. This week we decided to go to West Yellowstone, Virginia City and Nevada City. All for under $200! We could have done it cheaper but we didn't plan meals very good and ate out twice. Yellowstone was fun but really crowded. Apparently September is when all the Europeans and Chinese come so we couldn't find a hotel anywhere in West. We drove to Ennis which is about an hour past West and stayed in a cute little hotel there. In the morning we drove 14 miles to Virginia City and checked out all the cool old buildings and shops. Virginia City was a gold mining town found in 1863 and the population reached 10,000 but by 1890 the pop was 500. Now its about 150. Most stuff was closed down for the season but it was still neat. After we walked down that street we went to Nevada City which is just a mile down the road. Here you can see passenger trains and a bunch of old homes where all the miners lived. Its exactly how I would picture a little town or village in the 1800's. If you haven't been there I would recommend going sometime. It's only like 2.5 - 3 hours away, depending on which way you go. During the summer there is an old steam locomotive you can ride from Virginia City to Nevada City. I was really bad about taking pictures but here are a few. This is overlooking Ennis and Madison Valley. It was so pretty there!
I love Virginia city and love all the cool ghost stories from there! I wish we could go to Yellowstone Park but haven't found the time yet. I like your new hair cut! You are so brave to chop it that short! Cute fam!
Yeah! Cute hair! I can't believe how awesome that looks on you. You should have had me cut it for you. Remember that amazingly horrendous hack job I gave you when we were like 15?
Oh, I want to go to those places so badly now! Looks like a fun little vacation. And wow! what a change, your hair is really fun-I like it! And good job keeping costs down, it's so hard when your away from home!
Sometimes it is so fun to be poor. We are trying so hard to not spend money right now. It makes everything so exciting. Every little thing becomes a treat. one little milkshake = so much joy! Its like a huge splurge. I also have to say your hair looks amazing! I'm blown away. You look great sis!
5 comments:
I love Virginia city and love all the cool ghost stories from there! I wish we could go to Yellowstone Park but haven't found the time yet. I like your new hair cut! You are so brave to chop it that short! Cute fam!
Yeah! Cute hair! I can't believe how awesome that looks on you. You should have had me cut it for you. Remember that amazingly horrendous hack job I gave you when we were like 15?
Oh, I want to go to those places so badly now! Looks like a fun little vacation. And wow! what a change, your hair is really fun-I like it! And good job keeping costs down, it's so hard when your away from home!
Sometimes it is so fun to be poor. We are trying so hard to not spend money right now. It makes everything so exciting. Every little thing becomes a treat. one little milkshake = so much joy! Its like a huge splurge. I also have to say your hair looks amazing! I'm blown away. You look great sis!
I love your hair!!! It is adorable. Sounds like your trip was fun.
Post a Comment