Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Puerto Penasco, MEXICO






Jaxon LOVED the water! Whenever we took him out he would reach for it and scream!





This is the view from our room.



The view out the other direction.

This is the balcony Jaxon and I got locked out on. Funny story. We were getting ready to leave and Tyler took a load down to the car, as he left he told me not the close the door because he didn't have a key. After he left I heard some people out in the hall so I closed the door, just to be safe. I also flipped the little latch thing over too, again, just to be safe. Then Jaxon and I went out on the balcony to have one last look at the ocean. I slid the door closed behind me so I wouldn't waste all the cold air inside the room. Anyway, when I closed the door it locked from the inside. So, Jax and I were locked on the balcony and Tyler was locked out of the room. I started to panic, (ok, little confession, I am very claustrophobic and a little scared of heights) so I started yelling down for someone to help me. Oh, yeah, we're on the 4th floor. So, I'm yelling "excuse me! Can someone help me?!" No one looks at me except this little girl in the pool. So I keep yelling. Luckily, with all my yelling, Tyler heard me through a window in the stairwell next to our room. We "discussed loudly" for a bit about why I locked the door and closed the latch and then Tyler went for help. A man had to come bust the latch off the door for us. He said that this happens all the time, people getting locked out on the balcony so I didn't feel quite as stupid. Anyway, me and Tyler laughed about it for the rest of the day. Thankfully, Jaxon was perfect through the whole thing! Now, I didn't have to share this embarrassing story but I did, so be kind in your comments!

6 comments:

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

That looks like tons of fun! Ah, the blue water! That would have sucked to be locked out on the balcony. Something to laugh at for some time.

Paula said...

That is where Shaun served his mission! He served in the Mexico Hermosillo Mission, and was in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) for quite awhile! Looks beautiful!

McKenzie said...

What a fun little vacation! Sounds like you had fun, even with the balcony fiasco. Glad you could laugh about it later!

Amber Dawn said...

That's hilarious! It sounds exactly like something I would do!

Jessica said...

Mexico looks gorgeous! And it looks like Jax had a good time! We have many "getting locked out" stories, but never in Mexico!

Unknown said...

Looks like a good time! Sorry you got locked out on the balcony but it was pretty funny.